Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's Not Like You're Danielle Steele

I've said this before and I'll say it again... When writing, especially a blog (not that I have experience writing in any published format other than blog), you write in the hope and awareness that someone, somewhere may read it. 

You send your thoughts and feelings and hopes and worries out to the universe with the faith that they will connect with the other souls who are sharing in this journey of life, be they near or far.  Residing in the hope that your journey will parallel another's where you connect and share the challenge or the triumph.

Once in a while I have conversations (actual conversations, not just comments left on the blog or emails or Facebook comments  - which I love as well!) with people who have read my blog.  And today I had an epic one. 

Through the banter, my reader conveyed the thoughts my blog conjured up and in a meandering way (which obviously, if you've read more than one of my blogs, you know I will relate to) the reader said that a connection was felt... The confirmation came that although we are all on different journeys, there are times where we share the same path.

"If nothing else comes from this, my mission here is accomplished", I thought.  What a great conversation to share... Then came the follow up...

"But, you know... It's not like you're Danielle Steele."

I haven't heard a funnier line in ages!!

We are all trying our hardest as we carry on and I think the best thing we can do is support each other along the way.  And check our egos as we go.  This was the very best of both worlds and who could ask for more than that?

Thanks, friend.  And please... Keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment